The short answer is yes. You can. There are so many ways to make money online, but how much you make depends on your skills and how you market them. Here are some ideas.
1. Enter online contests: There are so many contests from naming companies and photography contests to creating slogans or logos. Signing up is free and if you have any special skills, you stand quite a good chance of winning.
2. Trade domain names: People with a flair for this make big money. You watch out for emerging trends and buy available short, trendy and easy to remember domains. Then you sell them to companies for profit.
3. Sell photos: If photography is your hobby, you can make money from it. People search for photos to use with their web content by keywords, so just click as many stock photos as you can and post them to reputed sites.
4. Do freelance transcription or data entry jobs: Websites like elance and odesk are good places to start. The pay might not be great, but the work is easy and they do not require much skill. There are also a few great paying jobs if you have better than average skills.
5. Be a freelance web designer, programmer or writer: If you have skills in any of these areas, there are several websites to help you. The pay will be less than from regular jobs, but you can set the hours and choose work which you like. It will take some time to get established in these fields, so be patient.
Warnings: Be wary of scams. Research thoroughly and choose reputable websites after reading tips and reviews from other users. Steer away from any work that requires you to pay upfront fees or ask you to buy anything. Do not share your personal information including bank accounts or social security numbers with anyone.